Increasing value and reducing waste in biomedical research conference
28th – 30th September 2015, Edinburgh
Twitter hashtag: #researchwaste15
Abstract Submission Closed
We are pleased to announce that Registration for the REWARD EQUATOR Conference is now open – Here you will find
- REWARD EQUATOR conference 2015 programme
- Abstract book
- Room Allocation
- Oral Presentation timetable
- Poster Presentations tables
Please go to live stream if video above does not display properly in your computer.
The Conference will be of great interest to: health research scientists and clinicians, journal editors and peer reviewers, publishers, regulators, research funders and other professionals involved in research education, research governance and the publication of medical research.
The focus of the conference is to:
- Combine EQUATOR and REWARD themes in one conference
- Recap The Lancet Research Waste series findings and recommendations
- Review the progress made by researchers, funders, regulators, publishers, industry, and research users against Research Waste series recommendations
- Bring out specific themes for making research better and more efficient, e.g.: collaboration between researchers, funders, conduct/reporting organisations, regulatory authorities and publishers; specific perspectives of each of these groups of key players.
- Derive a consensus statement and action plan for making progress against Research Waste series recommendations, after presentations and a constructive moderated discussion
- Seek endorsement for the consensus statement
Confirmed speakers include:
Prof Doug Altman, Prof Rustam Al-Shahi Salman, Sir Iain Chalmers, Dr An-Wen Chan, Prof Paul Glasziou, Dr Trish Groves, Prof John Ioannidis, Prof Frank Miedema, Dr David Moher, Prof Andrew Morris (Chief Scientist, Scotland), and Dr Janet Wisely (HRA). The meeting will also include the Annual Equator Lecture presented by Dr Luis Gabriel Cuervo and will be launched by Jamie Hepburn (Minister for Sport Health Improvement and Mental Health, The Scottish Government).
Local organising committee: Judi Clarke, Rustam Al-Shahi Salman, Malcolm Macleod
Programme committee: EQUATOR (Doug Altman, Philippe Ravaud, David Moher, Ana Marusic, Iveta Simera), REWARD (Paul Glasziou, Iain Chalmers, Rustam Al-Shahi Salman, Malcolm Macleod, John Ioannidis, An-Wen Chan), Gerd Antes
Early bird registration closes 31st July 2015
Conference dinner: There will be conference dinner in Our Dynamic Earth on Tuesday 29thSeptember, this can be booked during the registration process
Accommodation (booked separately from registration):
Please visit the following link from promotional rates for this conference: https://cabs.conventionedinburgh.com/ei/cm.esp?id=150507&pageid=_4AP0Y1J22
Call for abstracts
Abstract Submission is now closed. Decisions have made and sent out.
Many thanks to the following for sponsoring/supporting this meeting: